It is my honor to step into the role as president of The Next Generation, a nonprofit organization founded to benefit The Children’s Hospital at Memorial Health. I am pleased to report that 2015 was an incredibly successful fundraising year, bringing us one step closer to meeting our Angels Wings Campaign goal to secure a new neonatal critical care ambulance for The Children’s Hospital and to provide for the families and children desperately in need of our help. However, we are not done yet!
For those unfamiliar, The Children’s Hospital at Memorial Health is the only Level III neonatal intensive care unit in the region. This means they provide the most advanced neonatal services and neonatal specialists available around the clock. With your help, The Next Generation will continue its mission to not only brighten the lives of the children and their families during their stay at The Children’s Hospital, but will also help make sure all children in need of critical medical care are provided with the best equipment and medical tools available.
It’s true, there are many worthy causes to support in our community, but there is only one Children’s Hospital treating the most critically ill babies, premature infants and children in southeastern Georgia and counties in neighboring South Carolina.
Over the last six years, I’m proud of the wonderful projects we were able to accomplish thanks to the generous funds donated from the community and support of our volunteers. Here’s an overview of the highlights:
- Launched the Angel Wings Campaign to help secure a new neonatal critical care ambulance
- Hosted The Children’s Hospital “Prom’’ for critically ill patients
- Purchased incubators, a Panda Bedded Warmer, and Giraffe Omnibed for the NICU
- Built and stocked the new Toy Lending Library for Exceptional Children
- Provided over 225 birthday and end-of-chemotherapy celebrations to pediatric patients
- Decorated the pediatric halls and playrooms with holiday and seasonal decorations
- Collected over 2,000 toys, gift cards, books, DVDs, coloring books and crayons
- Purchased flat screen TVs and DVD players for all patient rooms along with five portable gaming systems
- Made a donation towards the renovation of three pediatric patient rooms
- Stocked the Parent’s Pantry and Emergency Care Closet with food, snacks, and drinks on a monthly basis
It’s the children and the promise of a healthier tomorrow that gives our organization purpose, energy, and vision! I invite you to review our sponsorship opportunities for our annual events and various levels of giving. We would be so grateful to have your support!
Thank you for your consideration. Please know that your support benefits critically ill children now and for The Next Generation!
Jamie Lane, President
The Next Generation